Senior Backend Engineer (Big Data)
Our mission is to help people in South East Asia to buy things they wouldn’t be able to buy otherwise. With more than 1000 partners on our platform, 500m offers in our catalogue, 150 employees and 20M monthly page views we are very well setup to do so. But we are hungry for more, with e-commerce in SEA still being in its infancy compared to mature markets like Japan, Europe or America, we believe we can play a bigger role in the ecosystem.
As part of our recent investment from LINE APP, we are ready to take this next step and scale our customer base and teams to yet new levels. With a catalog growing at exponential speed, updated every 2h for key products, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with an unmatched attention to quality. Are you a performance enthusiast, never satisfied until you squeezed out the latest second of optimization from your code, then you are the right person!
Excel in execution in a multi-cultural environment where team work and collaboration are key ingredients for success. With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Take over full responsibility for the delivery and quality of backend development projects, handling TBs of data every day
- Collaborate closely with the data science and merchant integration teams to translate requirements, integrations and algorithms into data pipelines
- Develop, test and deploy code that is part of a product used by tens of millions of people across South East Asia every month
- Maintain a high quality standard of all backend data pipelines, reliably handling data in many different formats and structures
- Quickly debug and analyze issues that affect the reliability and performance of our catalog update and scraping process
- Deliver incremental results live on our site on a weekly basis with the support of a cross-functional agile team
- In collaboration with the CTO, set the vision for our frontend technology and architecture to stay current in today's fast moving world
- A Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject
- 5-7 years of experience delivering big data solutions on tight schedules in a company known for best-in-class products
- Proven experience working in a multi-national environment with agile methodologies (SCRUM, CI/CD, TDD, LESS)
- Hands-on experience building applications using PHP7, Python 3 and libraries from the related ecosystems
- Deep experience with the latest NoSQL database technologies like Elastic Search, Cassandra and Redis
- Familiar with modern architectural patterns of highly scalable systems like horizontal scaling and queueing systems
- Unmatched attention to detail when it comes to optimizing performance of backend processes and services, never satisfied with the smallest annoyances
- Expert in Amazon Web Services, container technologies (Docker) and deployment frameworks (Ansible)
- Familiar with best practices in Development Lifecycles, Source Control tools like Git, familiarity with the Linux command line interface
- Being able to directly impact the long-term success and growth of the business
- Opportunity to contribute in making iPrice become a household name in SEA
- Diverse culture of more than 20 nationalities within our team
- Grow long term in a highly ambitious and VC backed company
- Join a hyper fast growing organization (5x growth in the past 12 months)
- Work permit sponsorship for expatriates
- Competitive salary
- And yes, we are startup full of young millennials who enjoys work hard play hard!