Our mission is to help people in South East Asia to buy things they wouldn’t be able to buy otherwise. With more than 1000 partners on our platform, 130 employees, and 10M monthly page views we are very well setup. But we are hungry for more, with e-commerce in SEA still being in its infancy compared to mature markets like Japan, Europe or America, we believe we can play a bigger role in the ecosystem.
We are ready to take the next step. As a data engineer you will be part of our growing data science team. You will work on extracting data from various external and internal sources that will help ameliorate our sorting and recommendation algorithms. With the support of our data scientists and developers you will drive the development of these engines.
Excel in execution in a multi-cultural environment where team work and collaboration is the key ingredient for success.
With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Be the subject matter expert for extracting, curating and preparing data from a variety of data sources
- Take full responsibility of your projects and work closely with the data scientists, the development team and other stakeholders from inception to completion
- Build analytics tools that can be used by team members and stakeholders for self-service data analysis purposes
- Identify, design and implement improvements to internal processes: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and redesigning existing components
- Assist in the development of new data science models for sorting, recommendations and quality assurance of our gigantic product catalog
- Develop, test and deploy code that is part of a product used by millions of people every single mont
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics or any related subject
- At least 2 years of experience in delivering data engineering projects on tight schedules in a company known for best-in-class products
- Curiosity to crunch large datasets with millions of rows and GBs of data and extract insights in meaningful ways
- Practical knowledge in data science and data mining, accompanied by a strong theoretical foundation
- Proven track record in creating tools using Python, R and SQL as well as NoSQL databases like Elastic Search
- Knowledge in Data Warehousing concepts, tools and components of other big data architectures
- Experienced in working with Software Engineers in an agile environment applying SCRUM methodologies
- A positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work in a super fast-paced start-up environment
- Fluent in English, excellent in verbal and written communication, strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Freedom to own and drive your own goals, directly impacting success and growth of the business
- Opportunity to experience the tipping point of today's hottest emerging markets and industry
- Exposure to a world-class management team with diverse backgrounds and boundless ambitions
- Accelerate your career advancement, supported by a start-up in its hyper growth phas
- Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia
- Work permit / VISA sponsorship for expatriates, Medical Benefits and Health Insurance coverage
- Experience Asia's diverse cultures with talent and experts from more than 25 nationalities
- Flexible working environment, where results matter more than face-time with your manager
We are looking forward to your application, please don't forget to include your current portfolio.