Data Science Analyst
Our mission is to help people in South East Asia to buy things they wouldn’t be able to buy otherwise. With more than 1000 partners on our platform, 130 employees, and 10M monthly page views we are very well setup. But we are hungry for more, with e-commerce in SEA still being in its infancy compared to mature markets like Japan, Europe or America, we believe we can play a bigger role in the ecosystem.
Now we are ready to take the next step. As a data analyst you will be part of our growing data science team. You will work on analysis large datasets and ameliorate our sorting algorithm to display products on the website. With the support of our data scientists and developers you will crunch data and support the development of the recommendation engine. You will also use data mining to provide insights for various teams on data from various internal and external sources.
Excel in execution in a multi-cultural environment where team work and collaboration are key ingredients for success.
With a superstar, internationally-sourced management team, combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Zalora, Apple, IBM and other world-class organizations, with local talent and insights from the 7 countries we are operating in regionally, iPrice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Be the subject matter expert for analyzing core business and product data and providing insights to a variety of stakeholders
- Leverage state-of-the-art Business Intelligence tools to connect datasets, enable predictive modelling and run sophisticated trend analysis
- Design operational data visualization dashboards that support other iPrice teams in monitoring their core KPIs
- Closely work with the tech team and together deploy data to the data warehouse and optimize BI processes
- Enhance data quality through review and validation of data, and implementation of appropriate controls and checkpoints
- Regularly refresh our business plans and prepare analysis for investor communication and fundraising
- Work on financial models for potential mergers and acquisitions as we look for in-organic growth opportunities
- Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or any related subject
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical/data science role in a company known for best-in-class products
- Working knowledge of Python/R for data analysis
- Curiosity to crunch large datasets with millions of rows and GBs of data and extract insights in meaningful ways
- Experience with BI software and database management such as Power BI, DAX, SQL and Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in working with Software Engineers in an agile environment applying SCRUM methodologies
- A positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work in a super fast-paced start-up environment
- Fluent in English, excellent in verbal and written communication, strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Freedom to own and drive your own goals, directly impacting success and growth of the business
- Opportunity to experience the tipping point of today's hottest emerging markets and industry
- Exposure to a world-class management team with diverse backgrounds and boundless ambitions
- Accelerate your career advancement, supported by a start-up in its hyper growth phase
- Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia
- Work permit / VISA sponsorship for expatriates, Medical Benefits and Health Insurance coverage
- Experience Asia's diverse cultures with talent and experts from more than 25 nationalities
- Flexible working environment, where results matter more than face-time with your manage