Account & Finance Intern
We are a fast-growing, Kuala Lumpur-based online shopping start-up that already operates in 7 markets. We are building Southeast Asia’s one stop shopping destination by consolidating millions of products and promotions from leading local and international online shops into a single discovery engine. Products are categorized and classified by dozens of attributes to present shoppers with the most relevant choices.
We are a young and motivated team with a special mix of tech geeks, fashion queens and entrepreneurs. A strong bias for action sets us apart, we want to learn and grow and we want to build a great company together. We are an Asia Venture Group (AVG) portfolio company, one of Southeast Asia leading seed financing/ VC firms with deep e-commerce know-how. Other of their successful investments include iMoney, TrustedCompany.com and HappyFresh.
- Hands on experience running a company’s finance and accounting department
- Support in creating good standard operating procedures for the finance team
- Having an overview and direct involvement of the entire receivables and payables section
- Develop ownership of invoice creation and collection process
- Take lead in the reconciliation process and maintaining accounting entries
- Work on issuance of payments, checking, sorting and verification of payments as well as respective data entry
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active; able to work meticulously under tight deadlines
- Organized individual with good team work spirit
- Detailed and with an eye for accuracy
- Able to converse in English and communicate well within team.
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of a start-up first-hand
- Work in a fast-pace environment, with many challenges every day
- Grow as part of the company with a possible career opportunity
- Become part of our dynamic, fun and international team of entrepreneurs
- Fun Fridays!
- Experience cultures from more than 20 nationality
- Annual Leaves
- EPF and SOCSO contribution and deduction